I can’t believe it. This top has been sitting in my sewing “stuff” for (I think) 12 years. Well, certainly more than 10. I had to take off 1 partial border and put the new purple border on it. Other than that, it was ready to quilt. When I loaded it on my Gammill, I was fussing about the double “D” cups this quilter had in certain areas of the quilt top. Oops. The quilter is me. My dear husband said, “At least you can see that you have become a better piecer in the 12 years since you made this top.” He’s right. I wouldn’t make a top with problems like this one now.
So I used Hobbs 80/20 as a base and Hobbs Wool on top of that. Needed a lot of poof to take up all that fullness. Then I quilted it to death. There’s dental feathers, line dancing, bugs, vines and leaves, with a border of curls and leaves.
It feels so good to get something old finished. I don’t have to feel guiltly about this one anymore.
This picture is before it was quilted. Unfortunately I didn’t get a good picture of the entire quilt when it was finished. So the picture above is before the finish. Tomorrow, when the light is good (that is if it doesn’t rain and the sun comes out), I’ll take a picture of the entire quilt.
Here’s some detail pictures of the quilting.
One of the bugs.
I like the contrast of the line dancing in the various sized rectangles.
Dental feathers and spines.
Frankly, the binding isn’t completely handstitched. However, I call this done because I like to save hand stitching the bindings for when I’m at my bees. I can’t do applique then because the light is never good enough, so binding is the perfect project for me to have with me. If I do it all at home, then I have nothing to take. Thursday is the standup stitchers meeting so I’ll take it with me to that and then there is the Queen Bee and Guild meeting coming up after that.
Thanks for stopping my. Click on the link to the right to visit Judy’s blog. There’s lots of great info and fun there.