Drunkard’s Path Experiment

This quilt was from a class taught by a Guild member. I was interested in learning how to put a flange in a drunkards path block and Mary did a great job of teaching us how to do that. Through the process, I kept thinking I ought to make a plastic template instead of using the file folder template. Every time I used the paper template, the curve changed. But I didn’t stop and take the time to make a new one. The result is an interesting quilt with poor piecing. Lesson learned!!!

20130413-074344.jpg

I decided to use this “canvas” to experiment with design and thread. I am really afraid of not matching my thread color to the fabric color. I used a motif from 4000 Flower & Plant Motifs by Graham Leslie McCallum. Since these are not continuous line designs, I had to modify the design and still, there are several stops and starts.

20130414-073346.jpg

I love the flower. The thread is Rainbows variegated with Sew Fine in the bobbin. I used Saral transfer paper to get the design on the quilt.

I need a customer quilt finished by Tuesday, so mine comes off the machine for now.

Thanks for stopping by.

Linda

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s