Finally loaded my bird quilt on the longarm. I know why I’ve procrastinated. I’m afraid I’ll mess it up. But it isn’t a quilt until it’s quilted. So I’m moving on.
I made 3 or 4 different flower shapes with their heads turn in slightly different directions. I knew when I was quilting I would get confused as to where the interior petal edges were. So I used a Frixon pen to mark the petals before I loaded the quilt top. That way I stitch on the lines and can get rid of those marked lines with my iron.
Here you can see the markings.
This pic shows a flower whose edges are stitched down. I have changed to a darker pink thread to stitch the center. Not sure what I’m going to do with the very center as periwinkles have a hollow center, not a bumpy one like sunflowers.
I need to finish the pink flowers today if I have shades of pink thread I think I want!
Thanks for stopping by to see my progress.